Earlier today, Atlus sent out a new announcement detailing the upcoming DLC for Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight.
Right from the day of the game’s launch, Atlus plans to release a DLC pack every week, during four weeks.
Here’s the full PR statement they sent in:
Steamy Hot Springs? Nostalgic Throwbacks? Crazy-tough Bosses? Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight DLC Has it All!
If you’ve been lulled into a false sense of security in Etrian Odyssey games, then it’s time to test your mettle against some of the DLC bosses available for Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight. A four-legged Queen armed with a bow that shoots lightning, a mythical creature only known as “the deepest darkness,” and a giant, ferocious chicken are some of the bosses that await players as DLC quests.There’s also a Hot Springs DLC quest that has a boss fight and comes with alternate character portraits for Arianna and Chloe!And there’s more, too, but the BEST part is this: We’re making $13.44/CA$18.44 of that DLC completely FREE for the first week of their respective availabilities!Full details and pricing are below; new DLC will release every week for four weeks beginning on Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold’s Aug. 4 launch.Releasing Aug. 4
- Yggdrasil Veteran: While there will be new portraits for each class in EO2U, the classic portraits from the original Etrian Odyssey will return as FreeLC for veterans that want to give their party a retro look. (Permanently free.)
- Highlander’s Return: The Protagonist’s class from EOU makes a triumphant return in EO2U! This class focuses on sacrificing portions of their health to obliterate enemies and buff party members. Highlander Grimoire stones and the class is available in Story mode as well! (Free through Aug. 10, then 99 cents/CA$1.49 thereafter.)
- Wanted: Golden Sprout: An easy quest to find the Golden Sprout, which gives players a lot of En when they turn the quest in. Plus, Regina at the cafe can turn this into a dish that raises the party’s chances of getting premium Grimoire stones. ($1.99/CA$2.49.)
- Hidden Hot Springs!:There’s rumors of a secret hot spring inside the snow-covered 3rd Stratum! Can you find the hot springs and dig them up? As an added bonus, completing the quest in Story Mode will unlock special portraits for Arianna and Chloe! (Free through Aug. 10, then $2.49/CA$3.49 thereafter.)Releasing Aug. 11
- Ultimate Feathered Warrior: Take on the ultimate feathered warrior — a giant chicken — in this boss challenge! You can fight the beast with the entire party, or alone by yourself. How you approach it changes the rewards it gives out! (Free through Aug. 17, then $2.49/CA$3.49 thereafter.)
- Winter’s Harbinger: There’s a mysterious creature that’s causing the temperatures to drop in the 4th Stratum… Track it down and take it out! (Free through Aug. 17, then $2.49/CA$3.49 thereafter.)
- Wanted: Lucky Bud: Set out on a quest to find the Lucky Bud, which Regina can use to make a tea that vastly improves your material gathering rate. ($1.99/CA$2.49.)
Releasing Aug. 18
- Thunder Queen’s Legacy: Take on the mighty Thunder Queen that resides in the 2nd Stratum! That is, if you can even get close enough to fight her. (Free until Aug. 24, $1.99/CA$2.49 thereafter.)
- The Eldritch Hound: Travel deep into the Labyrinths to retrieve a piece of a magical artifact! Once you do however, can you return it to its rightful place while escaping the pursuit of a fearsome beast? ($1.99/CA$2.49.)
- Wanted: Blessed Clover: Set out on a quest to find the Blessed Clover, which Regina can use to make a tea that drastically the EXP earned by your Guild. ($1.99/CA$2.49.)Releasing Aug. 25
- Treasures Untold: Use your newly formed party in EO2U to take on a wave of bosses from the original Etrian Odyssey Untold! ($1.99/CA$2.49.)
- The Original Sin: Not for the faint of heart, this legendary boss demands that you bring you best to take it down! Protip: If your party isn’t all level 99, you aren’t the least bit prepared… (Free until Aug. 31, $1.99/CA$2.49 thereafter.)