Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3
As the release of Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 approaches in Japan, Square Enix has revealed some additional information about the title and released a new trailer, which you can find below:
A demo for the game is now available on the Japanese eShop. Palyers who download the demo can try out the series’ “Monster Scout” system, along with new elements such as the “Ride System”, and monster and field object analysis using the new “Reactor” tool. Clearing it will award players with a “present code” that can be used in the full game.
The full game itself takes up 6,858 blocks on an SD card (857MB) and can now be pre-loaded in the Japanese eShop.
The latest issue of Jump also has another update on Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3.
In the magazine, we’re shown an important and mysterious girl, who was designed by Akira Toriyama (she’s also briefly seen in the trailer above). She has a similar appearance as the protagonist, and also wears a Reactor device on her ear. Her description is as follows: “This girl knows everything about Break World!?” She even appears to know about the protagonist.”
Also shown in Jump are “Break Monsters”, ominous monsters that were seemingly eroded by something that should be considered a rather formidable threat to the player.
You can find the magazine scan below:
Ace Attorney 6
Capcom released another batch of information about Ace Attorney 6 during the week.
This explains how the story begins, and gives us details on the new character Potdino and the puppy Mitamaru.
You can find a roundup of the details translated by Gematsu below.
What happens when Phoenix Wright first visits the Kurain Kingdom?
– Phoenix Wright visits the Kurain Kingdom to meet up with Maya Fey, who is in training.
– He goes sightseeing in the streets of Kurain with tour guide Bokuto Tsuani while waiting for Maya to finish her activities.
– During this time, the Kurain Kingdom’s prized treasure, the “Jewel of the Founder”, is stolen and its guard murdered.
– There’s testimony from chief priest Potdino who is said to have witnessed the incident.
– Bokuto is arrested on charges of theft and murder by means of the “Oracle of the Spirit” who projects what the victim saw just before his death.
What the heck is the “Crime of Defense?”
– The courtroom of the Kurain Kingdom is a spiritual medium trial absent of lawyers where there is no room for the accused to explain their case – they’ll be “guilty”.
– Phoenix Wright believes in Bokuto’s innocence and volunteers to defend Bokuto to prevent that from happening.
– As soon as Phoenix distinguishes himself as a lawyer, his attitude completely changes.
– He despises Phoenix and will not speak the truth.
– If Phoenix continues his defense, he’ll be accused of a “Crime of Defense”, whatever that means.
Potdino Niwackus: Temple Chief Priest and Musician
– Devout follower of the Kurain faith and chief priest of the Jiin Temple.
– Calls his “damaran” an instrument of the Kurain people, his partner, and performs the musical accompaniment to Leifa’s Dedication Dances.
– He fascinates the trial’s listening audience and presiding judge as he sings the music of his people while testifying.
– He claims he saw the scene where Bokuto killed the victim, but…
Mitamaru: Bokuto’s Faithful Pup
– A puppy raised by Bokuto, who normally hides inside Bokuto’s bag.
– When Bokuto is in a pinch, it gallantly leaps out and barks at Bokuto’s opponent.
– Said to be adorable and faithful, and a prideful Tibetan Mastiff.
– May play a surprisingly big role.
Capcom also released a bunch of screenshots and the games box art, which you can find in the gallery below:
Besides the screenshots, next you can also find a new trailer, a recording of the latest live stream, and some gameplay from the website demo.
Monster Hunter Generations
Capcom shared a new commercial for Monster Hunter Generations and some new gameplay too via a recent live stream. You can find both below, after the game’s box art.
Lost Reavers, which is coming out soon in the West, will soon receive another update in Japan, which will add, among other things, a new dungeon, new costumes and several new weapons. You can find the trailer for the update below:
Taiko Drum Master: Dokodon! Mystery Adventure
The latest entry of the Taiko Drum Master series, Taiko Drum Master: Dokodon! Mystery Adventure, has been revealed for 3DS via the latest issue of Famitsu.
The game will be released on June 16th in Japan for 4,800 yen. It’s 70% complete.
This release has an RPG-esque mode called “Mystery Adventure Mode”, that features the series’ familiar Don-chan and Kacchan. The story background/objective is to protect the world’s OOPArts. There are two main characters in Mystery Adventure Mode: Tia (the girl) and Popokaka (the monkey). Meanwhile, the antagonists are a mysterious group called Hexagria, who stole a Lion Fang Necklace OOPArt at the beginning of story. You travel around the world exploring mystery spots and participating in musical performance battles to advance.
Players can gather and raise various party members, with Bandai Namco planning on including over 100 recruitable party characters – including Phoenix Wright via a special collaboration with Capcom. In total, it’s possible to have a party of up to eight members, which can be leveled up to raise their attack, and also have a cost which will factor into the party’s cost limit.
The party has a 3-3-3 formation of front, middle and rear. Players can organize characters to their liking or have Popokaka automatically determine the lineup.
A new feature in Mystery Adventure Mode is Taiko Magic, which will have varied effects. Additionally, when a Clash note appears, players will be instructed to rapidly tap the touchscreen.
The game also includes a multiplayer mode, with both Co-op and Versus planned, where players can even use the party they raised in Mystery Adventure Mode. Download Play will be supported, too.
The collaboration with the Ace Attorney franchise will feature the medley listed below with popular songs from several Ace Attorney games, and Phoenix Wright will be one of Don-chan’s partners in the game’s RPG-like Mystery Adventure mode.
Finally, here are the new tunes included in Taiko Drum Master: Dokodon! Mystery Adventure:
– Untaka Dance (From the movie Doraemon: New Nobita’s Birth of Japan)
– Korokoro Cocotama! (From Kamisama Minarai: Himitsu no Cocotama)
– Umi no Mieru Machi (From Kiki’s Delivery Service)
– Naimono Nedari Hikarunara Vocaloid Setsuna Trip (Last Note.)
– Happy Synthesizer (Easy Pop)
– Nameko no Uta Utakata
– Ai no Mahoroba (Touhou Project Arrange by Yuuhei Satellite)
– Sekai wa Itsudemo Mystery
– Hoshikuzu to Linear to Boku
– Diet Fighter
– Kirby Medley (From Kirby’s Return to Dream Land)
– TraBelna (From Monster Hunter Generations)
– Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy Medley
– The Busy Danube
You can find the game’s box art and first screenshots in the gallery below:
My Hero Academia: Battle for All
Bandai Namco announced that it will be releasing My Hero Academia: Battle for All in Japan on May 19. Those who pick up a first-print copy will receive a 3DS theme along with two cards that can be used with the arcade game My Hero Academia: Clash! Heroes Battle.
You can take a look at the box art, first-print bonuses and screenshots in the gallery below:
Sonic the Hedgehog 25th Anniversary
It was confirmed two weeks ago that Sonic the Hedgehog will be having its own panel at SXSW later this month. An additional blurb from the expo now teases “a special reveal” that will be made for the series’ 25th anniversary.
Here’s what it states:
“Yuji Naka (Sonic Original Creator), Takashi Iizuka (Head of Sonic Team), Roger Smith (Voice of Sonic the Hedgehog), Mike Pollock (Voice of Dr. Eggman), Austin Keys (Sega), Aaron Webber (Sega)
25 years had to go fast, and here we are today wondering where it all went. Join the original creator of Sonic the Hedgehog, along with the amazing production heads responsible for bringing the franchise to life, for an in-depth analysis of where Sonic came from and where he’s heading going forward. A special reveal will be made as part of the celebration for this anniversary milestone.”
TSSZ News actually says that the reveal won’t be a new game. If it’s something else, then maybe it could be something related to the movie that has been discussed before…
Etrian Odyssey V
Persona Central uploaded some Etrian Odyssey V footage up from Atlus’ live stream this past weekend. Check it out below:
Level-5 Vision 2016
Level-5 CEO Akihiro Hino mentioned on Twitter during the week that work is being done on various new games and anime, and that we’ll be hearing about some of these at Level-5 Vision 2016, which is the company’s (almost) annual event where new announcements are made. Hino said at the end of his tweet: “Of course there is also that certain new title. I… (it’s too soon to say it)”.
This might mean that a new Inazuma Eleven project is underway, since the game starts with an I, and it could be the “sequel to a very popular series” that was teased at the start of the year.
Also wouldn’t be surprised if we heard more news about Snack World during this year’s presentation.
Nintendo has shared another Yo-kai Watch commercial showing off how the collectible medals can be used with the actual game. Give it a look below:
Story of Seasons: Cherished Friends of Three Towns
Marvelous recently released another batch of screenshots and artwork for Story of Seasons: Cherished Friends of Three Towns. Check them out in the gallery below:
Zero Time Dilemma
Last week, Famitsu kicked off its coverage of Zero Time Dilemma by revealing the names of the characters and their voice actors. Fans of the series probably will recognize a couple of them:
Carlos (Tomokazu Sugita)
Akane (Miyuki Sawashiro)
Junpei (Suzuki Tatsuhisa)
Q (Toyosaki Aki)
Eric (Ishida Akira)
Mila (Sakamoto Maaya)
Diana (Noto Mamiko)
Phi (Omigawa Chiaki)
Sigma (Ono Daisuke)
We also got the first screenshots of the game (taken from the PSVita version), which you can find below:
Nintendo Everything also translated various details from Famitsu and other Japanese sites that leaked it before the magazine was out. If you are interested in learning more about the game’s origins, characters, and the like, you should check these three posts they made: 1, 2, 3.
-CHASE- Unsolved Cases Division
Arc System Works will be publishing -CHASE- Unsolved Cases Division, which has been recently announced for Japan, with plans to release the game on the 3DS eShop this summer. It’s a “hard-boiled” adventure game directed by Taisuke Kanasaki (Another Code/Hotel Dusk), and with other former Cing staff working on it as well.
You can view some screenshots from -CHASE- Unsolved Cases Division below, and visit the site over here.
River City Ransom SP
Arc System Works has recently shared the second trailer for River City Ransom SP. You can find it below:
Chronicles of Teddy: Harmony of Exidus
Aksys Games and LookAtMyGame announced recently that Chronicles of Teddy: Harmony of Exidus will be available on March 31 on the Wii U eShop. A price point was not specified though.
Wii U owners can expect a fusion of action-adventure and RPG elements from this game. Players will fight through hordes of enemies and massive boss battles, solve puzzles, talk with locals, and gain skills to restore hope to Exidus. The game also features hidden items, secret areas, and bonus quests within the whole experience that will last over 30 hours of gameplay.
Here’s a rundown of the game’s features:
– Four Magical Realms – Explore an enchanted nexus of worlds never before imagined! Collect magical tomes to gain access to new areas and further the narrative!
– Bring on the Bad Guys! – Giant bosses and vicious monsters will test your might as you fight to save Exidus. Develop your skills and adapt your tactics to gain the edge over evil!
– Musicom – Communicate with monsters and villagers by collecting runes and mastering their arcane language!
– A Trove of Treasures – Bonus unlockables, secret items and extra quests add extra depth to the gargantuan journey before you!
And the game’s trailer:
Below you can find the trailers for SEGA’s Shining Soul II and Konami’s Contra Advance: The Alien Wars EX for the Japanese Virtual Console.