Digital Eclipse’s Frank Cifaldi shared some additional details about the Mega Man Legacy Collection yesterday on his Twitter page.
Here’s a summary and some quotes of what Cifaldi mentioned:
– A save slot will be available for each game;
– It won’t feature any new art that isn’t featured in the big Mega Man 25th anniversary art book;
– No filter, NTSC composite simulation, RGB monitor filters;
– Unclear if 3D will be supported;
– Can stretch to 16:9 if you want;
– They are not restoring any unused content from the Mega Man 3 cart;
– Audio is apparently “spectacular”;
– The team contracted an expert to help with audio.
I was really happy to see all the positive reaction to Mega Man Legacy Collection today. I know it’s a sensitive subject for fans.
My god, though, I promise this isn’t a cheap cash-in collection. This is our attempt to prove there’s a market for respecting our heritage.
Mega Man Legacy Collection is set for release on the 3DS eShop this Winter.