Thanks to the latest issue of Famitsu we have some new details about the recently announced Monster Hunter X.
Here’s a detail breakdown:
- Monster Hunter X features 14 weapon classes. Players will be able to choose the Great Sword, Long Sword, Sword and Shield, Dual Blades, Lance, Gunlance, Hammer, Hunting Horn, Switch Axe, Charge Blade, Insect Glaive, Bow, Light Bowgun or Heavy Bowgun;
- The game will also star four main monsters, a Brute Wyvern, a Flying Wyvern, a Leviathan and a Fanged Beast;
- There are four Hunting Styles for all weapons, and you choose anyone of them. Here’s how they work:
– Light Bowgun x Hunting Style 1: Shoot from high above the monster;
– Sword and Shield x Hunting Style 2: The blade changes and has added effects;
– Great Sword x Hunting Style 3: A powerful Hunting Technique that can cause explosions. Specialized in Hunting Techniques;
– Dual Blades x Hunting Style 4: Dodge dangerous situations, like the fire breath of Rathalos, and focus on counter attack;
- Hunting Technique is an attack action that varies by weapon. Functions include dealing massive damage, making the user stronger or healing nearby allies;
- When Monster Hunter X was announced, Capcom revealed that you’ll be able to visit villages from previous Monster Hunter games. You’ll be able to travel to Yukumo Village from Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, Pokke Village from Monster Hunter Freedom 2 and Kokoto Village from Monster Hunter/Monster Hunter Freedom;
- Finally, a few smaller details:
– Verna Village, is where you’ll meet quest clients and manufacture weapons;
– Felynes make an appearance once again;
– The new fields includes a primeval forest with overgrown vegetation, a vast grassland and a cave;
– The game is 60% complete.
In addition to all these details about Monster Hunter X, we also got some new batches of screenshots and artwork for both Monster Hunter X and Monster Hunter Diary Poka Poka Airou Village DX, courtesy of Capcom. You can check them out in the galleries below:
Monster Hunter X arrives in Japan this Winter and Monster Hunter Diary Poka Poka Airou Village DX is set for release on September 10.