Nintendo has made several new announcements about Splatoon in the last few days.
First, they announced that update 1.3.0. is releasing next week.
Here’s their breakdown of the changes and additions:
– When there are more members on one team than the other and the match-making process takes too long, members from the same team will be able to battle each other
* Members will still receive Splatfest Points even when they battle against members of the same team
* Note: Only the results from matches against the opposing team will be included in the overall Splatfest results
– Adjustments have been made to allow some players at random to participate as early as 5 minutes prior to the official start time of Splatfest in order to make for a more pleasant gaming experience (Note: All players will be able to participate once the event begins)
*This adjustment was made to lighten the server load at the beginning of the Splatfest
– Adjustments have been made to the number of Super Sea Snails distributed to members of the losing team that have earned either of the top two Splatfest rank titles
Special Weapon Adjustments:
– Inkstrike: The amount of area covered will be more consistent regardless of where it lands
– Kraken: The amount of knockback is increased when taking damage from an opponent while using Kraken
– Ninja Squid: Swim speed will be lowered when using this ability
– Stealth Jump: The amount of time it takes to Super Jump will be longer when using this ability
– Ink Resistance Up: The effects with respect to the amount of damage and speed when moving through enemy ink will be adjusted
Other adjustments will be made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.
The European and North American Splatfests have also been rescheduled to the 4th of July due to the perviously mentioned adjustments to avoid technical problems.
Second, new weapons are coming to the game today.
These are the Carbon Roller and the Custom Dual Squelcher.
Here’s a screenshot gallery:
Finally, Famitsu recently announced the results of its “Splatoon Squid Fashion Contest” which had over 800 entries.
The winning costume entry for the Splatoon Squid Fashion Contest (the first in the gallery) will be added to the title through an update in August and the winner will be receiving a signed poster. However, it’s currently unclear if Splatoon players in North America and Europe will gain access to the costume.
You can find the other “sub-winners” in the gallery below. The first three are choices from the Splatoon team and will be given a signed poster by the developers. The final three are Famitsu’s choices, with those winners earning a signed poster from Takahashi Kino.