The Pinball Arcade
The Pinball Arcade is now out on the North American Wii U eShop. You can download it for free, but need to spend money on the tables to play.
The official game page on Nintendo’s website says that regular updates are planned in the future, which will add the likes of Star Trek: The Next Generation, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, Twilight Zone, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Monster Bash, Medieval Madness, Funhouse, Attack from Mars, Circus Voltaire, and Big Shot. The Pinball Arcade will also feature online tournaments and more modes “to challenge yourself and compete against your friends”.
You can find some gameplay footage in the video below, thanks to SeafoamGaming:
Here’s an overview of the game:
Having been summoned to a dream world, the three animals embark on an adventure to go back to their world.
Each animal can move only in one direction. Combine them wisely to find a path to the key.
- New Puzzle: Combine animals that can move only in set directions to solve the puzzle.
- Various Gimmick Tiles: Use over 20 different types of gimmick tiles to solve the puzzles.
- Various Stages: Enjoy playing all 80 stages with 4 different themes.
Run Run and Die
EnjoyUp Games and Pixel Bones Studio have confirmed that Run Run and Die is releasing in Europe on April 28, for €3.99.
You can find a trailer for the game below:
EnjoyUp Games and Software Scribes have confirmed that Sssnakes will be available in Europe on April 28 for €1.99.
Take a look at the game’s trailer below:
The Deer God
Mobot Studios recently announced that The Deer God will be arriving on the North American Wii U eShop on April 28, with a price tag of $7.99.
You can find an overview of the game below, as well as some gameplay footage, courtesy of SeafoamGaming:
The Deer God is a game about survival, reincarnation, and karma; all set in a unique 3D pixelized world. Feast your eyes on the beautiful lighting, day and night system, and vast landscapes. Become one of the most beautiful animals on planet earth. LIVE AS A DEER. SURVIVE AS A DEER.
- Gorgeous 3D pixel art world to explore
- Supports Pro Controller and “Off-TV” play with GamePad
- Various animals and characters to interact with across multiple quests
- Unique Night and Day system
- Tons of items to find and use
- Use the power of statues and level up your antlers
- Find secrets and solve ancient puzzles
- Follow an interesting and dark story line
- Amazing Original Soundtrack by Evan Gipson
Petite Games has recently confirmed that Midnight 2 is now slated for a May 5 release on the Wii U eShop in North America, and will be coming to Europe around June.
You can also find a new trailer for the game below:
Tap Tap Arcade 2
RCMADIAX has confirmed two of the games that will be included in Tap Tap Arcade 2. However, you can only get one via this bundle. Skeasy, and the new title Volcano, will be included in the game.
A preview of Volcano was shown via the following tweet:
— RCMADIAX [+=••] (@rcmadiax) 18 de abril de 2016
Digger Dan DX
Digger Dan DX was announced last month, and was said to be coming to the 3DS eShop in late summer, but publisher Four Horses recently shared that things are going smoother than anticipated and it’s now possible to release it by the beginning of summer.
You can also find some new screenshots from Digger Dan DX in the gallery below:
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth
Nicalis has announced that The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth will begin making its way to consoles next month. Even though there’s no word on a specific date for the Wii U version, Nicalis confirmed that it will be out “in the coming months”.
Meanwhile, you can take a look at what’s included in The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth in the following overview of the game:
– Over 100 hours of MORE gameplay
– Greed Mode – a whole new way to play, focused on risk/reward
– Expanded main game – a new final area with a new final boss
– Daily Runs – play a new official run, everyday!
– Online Leaderboards – compete for highscore/best time
– 10 totally new and awesome challenges!
– 1000+ new room designs
– MONSTROUSLY UPDATED WEAPON COMBO SYSTEM!
– 120 new items-not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs and cards-taking the item count up beyond 500!
– Alternate soundtrack!
– New secret transformations!
Uber secrets including:
– Lilith, mother of demons, a totally new playable character
– 4 new alternate chapters with new enemy types and visual themes
– Revised seed code combo system and new special seeds
– 100+ enemies, with new designs
– 8 new bosses
Double Fine and Abstraction Games have announced they are working together to bring 140 to new platforms, including Wii U and 3DS.
The “challenging minimalistic platformer” originally debuted in 2013, and players will need “rhythmic awareness to overcome obstacles which are controlled by an energetic, yet melancholic electronic soundtrack”.
140 is planned for a summer release on Nintendo platforms.
You can find a trailer for the game below:
Invanoid is described as an “invaders/brick blaster combo” that “combines fun animations with endless high score gameplay.”
The game is currently scheduled for launch in June.
Super Destronaut 2: Go Duck Yourself
Petite Games has recently announced Super Destronaut 2: Go Duck Yourself, a new project for the Wii U eShop. This project is a sequel to the arcade shooter which launched last March.
Here’s the announcement tweet, along with some screenshots, and the first gameplay video by Petite Games:
@PetiteGames Looks like it could be pretty cool.
— iNCEPTIONAL (@iNCEPTIONALNEWS) 23 de abril de 2016
Here’s the official message:
— Shadow Puppeteer (@SPuppeteerGame) 22 de abril de 2016
Image & Form recently announced that SteamWorld Heist’s first piece of DLC, titled “The Outsider”, will release on April 28.
Image & Form shared a teaser image for this DLC, found in the tweet below:
“The Outsider” is launching April 28 as DLC for SteamWorld Heist! Full details early next week. Here’s a sneak peek: pic.twitter.com/Nt5venshSA
— Image & Form @ PAX (@ImageForm) 22 de abril de 2016
He added: “Keep your eyes and ears peeled, we hope to have some exciting announcements soon”.
Seems like the game might be getting more new content soon, even though it just received a new DLC pack.
The Song of Seven
Enlightened Games has recently shared a new trailer for The Song of Seven: Chapter 1. Looks promising, so check it out below:
AckkStudios has released a third trailer for its upcoming RPG YIIK. Give it a watch below:
IGN got some new gameplay footage from Good Mood Creators’ Mekazoo at PAX East 2016. Give it a look below: