PixelMaker is now confirmed to release in North America on May 5.
You can find some gameplay footage by Nintendo Impact Gaming! below, since it released in Europe last week.
Color Symphony 2
Remimory’s Color Symphony 2 is coming to the European Wii U eShop on May 12, according to a listing on the digital store, and will be available for €9.99.
Here’s an overview of the game:
Color Symphony 2 is a puzzle-action-platformer that utilizes the ambiguity of color. Try to eliminate obstacles or find new paths by using color! This simple rule allows you to solve various problems. Color Symphony 2 will provide lots of fun with improved controls and level designs.
Super Meat Boy
Super Meat Boy is finally launching on Wii U on May 12, according to a listing on the European eShop, with a price tag of €14.00. It seems like there’s a good chance it will release on the same date in North America too.
While you wait for it to release, check out the new trailer below:
Last October, Gunslugs 2 came out as a 3DS eShop title, and now Engine Software has announced that the original game is also in the works for Nintendo’s portable system. It’s currently targeting a late May release with a $1.99 / €1.99 price point.
Here’s an old trailer for the Android version so you have an idea what the game is like.
Pankapu: The Dreamkeeper
Last year, Pankapu: The Dreamkeeper reached its funding target on Kickstarter, and the campaign included a Wii U stretch goal, but fell a bit short of reaching it. However, Too Kind Studio has now confirmed it for Nintendo’s console after combined Kickstarter and PayPal donations exceeded €55,000. It will release next year on Wii U unless something changes and it’s brought to NX instead (or both systems, which is a distinct possiblity).
For those who haven’t heard of Pankapu: The Dreamkeeper before, it’s a 2D action-platformer, which you can get a better feel for by watching the video below.
Steam World Heist
Image & Form has shared new details on SteamWorld Heist’s first DLC. “The Outsider” is now out for $4.99 / €4.99 / £4.49 or the equivalent.
Here’s the official overview of the game, and a trailer:
Meet Fen: the latest member of your Heist crew, and the most unlikely of allies. A Vectron outcast, Fen breaks the ties to the hive mind and becomes one of your most formidable fighters.
The Outsider is not a conventional add-on. The new plot, missions, enemies, end boss, guns, utilities and dozens of new hats – of course! – blend seamlessly into the game. This means that, aside from starting afresh, you can pick up earlier save profiles, discover the history of Fen, and add the character to your roster pretty much immediately. And what an addition it is!
In addition to The Outsider, Image & Form is also releasing a free SteamWorld Heist update, that will add support for French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Russian languages while also expanding the inventory. Players will have more empty slots from the outset, and getting new slots will be less taxing on water reserves. On top of that, more utilities and hats have been added in. After applying the update, The Outsider DLC can be purchased.
Moreover, while speaking with Nintendo Life, Image & Form CEO Brjann Sigurgeirsson shared a status update on the Wii U version of SteamWorld Heist:
News: the Wii U version is coming, and you’ll be happily surprised. Not in a way that should put you off getting it for 3DS – because you should! But… yeah. There’s a pleasant surprise there.
DLC: Yes, The Outsider will be available day one on Wii U. Some people think day-one DLC is a nuisance, and that the content should have been included in the game – preferably at no cost. I don’t agree. We’ve spent hundreds of thousands of dollars (even pounds!) making The Outsider, and we obviously have to charge for our content, so that we can continue making new stuff. Including DLC content as part of the game and raising the price point is also a matter of taste. I think providing DLC outside the game gives players the choice whether they want to spend additional money on a game or not. It’s pretty fair.
No names, but some friends of mine initially released DLC content for one of their games for free – and then started charging for it, since it made no financial sense. It turned out a bit nasty for them. I think it’s better to be upfront about it. We make content. Content costs money.
Sigurgeirsson also said that cross-buy promotions are planned for those who want to acquire SteamWorld Heist on both Wii U and 3DS.
FreezeME’s new update makes several adjustments and changes to improve the experience.
You can find the full patch notes listed below:
-R’s body is no longer transparent when the camera is close
-Issues related to the “no returning to hub” unlockable are fixed
-You can’t swim anymore in space by jumping from a specific location in L3
-“Under 40 secs cube” Ach-II-vement time is now stored before the cinematic
-Some hardcoded text has also been fixed
-You can’t reactivate the first fight with Fat the Cat if you don’t collect the cube and reenter the battle arena again
-If you carry a marble and then get hit the marble will not disappear anymore
-Some issues when navigating the main menu have been fixed
-You can’t activate the race by talking to the statue again if the Cube isn’t collected
-When catapulting on the top of the level in L1 you can’t glitch throw the cage and fall down the pit
-There isn’t a cloned platform in challenge 4 anymore
-Collision with some scenery elements has been improved
-Rotation of the platforms to go up the white structure on L1 has been smoothed out
The next Terraria 3DS update is now being certified by Nintendo and should be ready for release in a couple of weeks, according to the developers.
Terraria’s new update will implement some content, make improvements, and add bug fixes, including the addition of the Frost Moon event, an increase in the number of save slots and inventory slots, among other things.
You can find a list of the patch notes and some new screenshots below:
- Frost Moon content added.
- Save slots expanded from three to six.
- 10 more inventory slots.
- Auto equip removed.
- “A” to interact now works relative to cursor position in Manual Aim.
- Stack speed improved.
- Quick stack ignores all hotbar items.
- Buffs can now be cancelled on the Equip screen.
- Save games refactored so the issue of long save times no longer occurs
- Addressed a number of crashing-related issues
- Items in the Trash stay there when you leave the UI screen, making it harder to accidentally trash a wanted item.
- Players can sell items with no value to shops so you clean inventory quickly.
- Dungeon Worldgen re-worked to provide properly expansive Dungeons
- Spawn rates in dungeons rebalanced to fit a more authenitic threatening experience
- Rules for surface fishing reworked, so you can fish much smaller ponds
- Bosses now de-spawn 100% if you die – mirroring the PC version and adding challenge
- Precision screen UI tweaked to add fishing items to left hand pane – tap to toggle
- Player no longer glows like it’s wearing the Miner’s Helmet by default. Ore glow also toned down. It’s going to get dark out there guys…
Other Bugs Fixed with this Update:
- Items becoming invisible when hung on wall
- Can’t use any item for 10 seconds after using Godly Tempest Staff
- Bug Catching Net accuracy (can only catch at feet)
- Lihzahrd temple has no traps
- Biome Spread too slow
- Skeletron Prime’s arms each drop potions/hearts
- Ice Golems not appearing
- Crystal Shards are very rare
- Crafting Adamantite/Titanium/Chloro Bars causes unusual slowdown
- Imp fireballs explode into Goblin gore on destruction
- Grasshoppers can’t be killed
- Dungeon biome constantly changing to Underground; ruins spawns
- Flesh Grinder/Meat Grinder naming issues, sprite issue
- Living Wood/Leaf Wand have some oddities in calculating wood total
- Holding in Smart Cursor Hammer for backwalls always hammers the first block
- Building near NPCs frustrating due to interaction conflicts
- Unusual Recipes Unlocked at worldgen
- Underworld Biome has way too many Imps spawning. UW spawns overall should be toned down.
- When going down on a slope in a minecart and using items, the item is pointed the wrong direction.
- There is “player disabled pvp” spam anytime someone leaves or joins a game.
- Lots of problems with music and crossfade.
- Game thinks the player is in a cave when they are in the dungeon.
- The dungeon being shrunk is causing balance issues.
- The center of the world needs to be completely flat, so that the player can build there.
- Some items can only be made from Iron when they should also be made from Lead.
- Items the player throws go up and slightly to the right, no matter which way they face.
- Keep finding Magic Mirrors and Bug Nets in chests where they shouldn’t be.
- Reduced corruption sizes are causing problems getting items.
- Floating Islands treasure chest loot is not distributed correctly.
- Meteor Hamaxe is 35 bars. Should be 20.
- Game was not switching into Meteor Zones when near a meteor.
- Meteorite spawns do not give enough materials.
- Enemy caster AI is broken.
- Mana crystals need to be 3 fallen stars, not 5.
- A large majority of the time when you are fishing, the bobber is shaking and you click but nothing will be caught.
- You cannot see the fish you have caught on the line when you reel it in.
- Fishing zones are being picked up incorrectly (i.e. Underground Fish everywhere bug)
- Bug Nets don’t catch critters most of the time.
- Remove damage from all vanity pets.
- Autodig should not target a block you are grappled to.
- Using a grappling hook does not reset jump accessories.
- Monsters continue to spawn in player towns.
- Zombies repeatedly jump facing backwards at doors instead of banging on them.
- Duke Fishron trophy does not spawn
- Text error for the Valentine Ring tooltip
- Can’t catch surface fish. Game seems to not classify ‘surface’ areas correctly for fishing
- Tempest Staff, multiple issues
- Discount card not working as intended
- The use time for the bucket is WAY too short.
- ‘Take all’ from chests misbehaving
- Eye of Cthulhu has the wrong boss music.
- Dryad isn’t reporting the rate of Crimson spread
- Zombies should be able to open doors during a blood moon
- Unable to create biomes.
- Sometimes buckets won’t collect or dispense water
- Player stuck in “jump/fall” animation when standing on a sloped tile.
- Flippers spawn rate is far too low
The update implements a bunch of features, which are listed below:
VoxelMaker update is now available Our VoxelMaker update is now available in the eShop. There are lots of new features, including: – Glowing blocks. – Transparent (glass) blocks. – *Much* faster, more interactive rendering. – Automatic drawing of ground with shadows. – Configurable sun color. – Background music. – Model auto-saving. – New sample models. – Improved color editor with RGB values. Have fun with the new version – we are looking forward to seeing what you make with it!
He recently commented that the game could eventually release on the NX:
I got a piece of good news today that indicates I might be able to have Axiom Verge ready for NX at launch…but basically that was as far as my source even knew. So I still have no idea what the system is like and still am reading sites like this to try and guess.
I guess we will have to keep waiting for that NX unveiling before assuming Axiom Verge will release on it.
YIIK was playable at PAX East 2016 last week, so you can check out some gameplay footage below, courtesy of GameXplain:
Run Run and Die
Run Run and Die is now out everywhere, so gameplay footage is now available. Take a look at the first minutes of the game below: