Monster Hunter Generations
Capcom has announced another colaboration for Monster Hunter Generations, this time with the Strider franchise. Players will be able to equip Strider Hiryu’s Cypher sword and armor. You can find a trailer for this new colaboration below:
Besides that, Capcom has posted a third localization blog for the game, discussing a few locations (Bherna Village, Wycademy, Hunters Hub) and monsters (Gammoth, Malfestio, Moofah). A little bit of talk about Hunting Styles is also included. You can find it over here.
Furthermore, Nintendo UK met with producers Ryozo Tsujimoto and Shintaro Kojima at a recent community event and asked them which items players should carry on hunts in Monster Hunter Generations. Here are the two videos with their answers:
Finally, we have some more gameplay from another livestream and an E3 gameplay video. You can watch them below:
Dragon Ball: Fusions
The latest issue of Jump provides us with another update on Dragon Ball: Fusions, covering another character, StreetPass support, and a few other things.
Apparently, Arale from Dr. Slump (another well known manga from Akira Toriyama) is set to make an appearance in this game. As an example of her EX Fusion, she can fuse with Towa to become Towale.
Dragon Ball: Fusions seems to have a StreetPass function. If you obtain data from other players, it will automatically make fusions if the characters set have good compatibility.
Some information about the battle system is also shared, but still not much. Details include:
– There’s a triangle of type effectiveness
– Energy bullets have different types (perhaps related to the triangle above)
– If you attack with an effective type, you can deal 1.5% more damage
– There is a Full-Throttle Attack where the combo is different (from a normal attack)
You can find the scan from the magazine below, followed by some new screenshots and a commercial.
One Piece: Great Pirate Colosseum
According to Amazon Japan and Rakuten, One Piece: Great Pirate Colosseum will release for 3DS on September 21st in Japan. The 2D action title is being developed by Arc System Works and published by Bandai Namco, and will feature 23 playable characters and over 80 additional assist characters, while also boasting strong visuals and simple, but exciting, controls. It features a mode where the player sails around the world, gathering their favorite crew, as well as a competitive online mode. Moreover, first-print buyers will earn several rewards, including early unlocks for assist characters Edward Newgate, Marco, and Jozu, an in-game item for use in the “Create a Pirate Crew” mode, and a unique 3DS theme. There is also an as of yet unannounced item as a pre-order bonus from Amazon Japan.
With this, some new screenshots from the game have been shared, which you can view in the following gallery:
The first trailer for the game is also now online. You can watch it below:
Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters
Bandai Namco has provided some new details about Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters. The game bases itself around the fact that, with smartphone apps becoming very popular in the world, new Digimon have come into existence. These special Digimon, called Appmon or Appli Monsters, are the basis of the game. Players will build decks around Appmon, which can then grow, fight, and link with other Appmon. New Appmon can also be acquired via QR code. Furthermore, Appmon can be combined via a process called Appfusion to create new Appmon. For example, the website shows that fusing Gacchimon and Navimon will create Dogacchimon.
A few new screenshots have also been released, which you can check in the gallery below:
Super Battle for Money
It was revealed in the latest issue of Famitsu that Bandai Namco is working on a new Battle for Money game on 3DS. The title is “Super Battle for Money: The Ultimate Ninja and Battle Player’s Top Decisive Battle!”.
This new game is again based around the well-known Fuji TV show, where participants use dodgeballs to eliminate enemy targets in order to be the last one standing and win the grand prize. Support ninjas from the TV show are included along with brand new ones. Bandai Namco is also packing in a “My Ninja” feature that lets you use a meter to make your own ninja, stage original ninjas with their own special abilities, among other things.
Japan will receive the game on September 15.
You can find some screenshots and the boxart below:
Taiko Drum Master: Dokodon! Mystery Adventure
Bandai Namco has prepared another trailer for Taiko Drum Master: Dokodon! Mystery Adventure. You can watch it below:
Sonic the Hedgehog 25th Anniversary
To celebrate Sonic the Hedgehog’s 25th Anniversary, SEGA has released a video covering the evolution of the franchise’s look. You can find it below:
Moreover, Sonic Team head Takashi Iizuka recently told Famitsu that “a completely new game” is happening, in addition to a new movie from Sony and the ongoing Sonic Boom show.
We at Sonic Team – are developing a completely new game, as well as developing a full movie, actively done by Sony Pictures, and animation on Sonic Boom. We are also ready to improve sponsor ties. The most important thing is not the fact the series survived for 25 years, but how many games was developed. Our goal – add something new and overcome any potential hardships.
Meanwhile, a special event was recently held in Tokyo, Japan to celebrate the 25th anniversary, with Takashi Iizuka in attendance too. Iizuka was able to announce “officially” that a new game is happening, and that it’ll be out next year. Specifics will be shared during the anniversary party on July 22.
SEGA also shared a bunch of concept art from the main characters or the Sonic series. You can find the artwork in the gallery below:
Finally, I rounded up a few other statements by SEGA. Check them out:
Video Gamer – Iizuka on SEGA’s new emphasis on quality.
Game Informer – Iizuka on various Sonic topics, including why Eggman has that name instead of just Robotnik.
Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice
Famitsu’s latest issue reveals some new details about Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice.
Here’s a roundup of the details:
An irregular weather phenomenon assaults the world, prompting Sonic and Amy to go to an ice island to investigate the mystery. Suddenly, a mysterious energy gushes out and showers both of them, giving them the ability to control fire and ice. Sonic reunites with his group afterwards, but there’s also an eerie shadow lurking around…
New Factor 1: Fire and Ice Styles
– These styles are interchangeable anytime by pressing the L and R buttons.
– Fire Style: Specializes in removing obstacles. Example is melting down ice block obstacles.
– Ice Style: Specializes in creating platforms. Example is freezing a patch of water and turning it to an icy platform
New Factor 2: Evolved High-Speed Exploration Action
– It’s still possible to switch characters in-game as in the last Sonic Boom game, but this entry also focuses on the speedy action that defines the mainline Sonic series.
– In other words, in this game it’s possible to reach the goal without having to ever switch between characters.
– Unlike in the last Sonic Boom where you had to use some gimmicks to go between lines, in this game you can go to another line simply by finding and touching a giant spring, allowing for more speedy gameplay.
– The exploration system that makes use of each characters’ unique abilities is still intact. It’s up to the player whether they want to speed-run the course as fast as possible, or spend more time exploring to find hidden routes and items in the course.
– Gameplay variety features boss battles that use both screens and the like
– More game modes like mini-games and Versus Race
– Sonic and the rest of the group will visit seven islands during their adventure
Besides this, you can also find some new screenshots and gameplay footage below:
Etrian Odyssey V
Once again, the latest issue of Famitsu featured Etrian Odyssey V and shared new details on the game, which are rounded up below (thanks to Persona Central‘s translation).
– All 10 classes have alternate colors, with one for each of the four appearance options, making for a total of 40
– 12 new colors are shown in artwork for the Warlock, Cestus, Cestus, Shaman, Masurao, Necromancer, Hound, Reaper classes
– You can change the color of a character’s hair, eyes and skin, as mentioned before
– These alternate color options also change the colors of other elements of a character such as their outfit
Titles and Master Skills
More class Titles and their master skills were revealed in this issue, that couldn’t be covered in the previous one.
Ghost Summoning Necromancer: A class that requires skill to be effective with and is adaptable to a variety of different situations
– Cursed Explosion: Turn 1 ghost into an explosion of curse and assault them. Chance to inflict curse to all enemies.
– Statue Squeeze: Sacrifice all ghosts and chance to petrify 1 enemy. Chance increases as more ghosts are sacrificed.
Ghost Exploding Necromancer: An offensive-based Necromancer who explodes summoned ghosts to attack.
– Hell Gate: Do ranged bash damage to 1 enemy, and summon a ghost with HP equal to the damage done.
– Negative Power: Does ranged non-elemental damage. Any deaths/sacrifices (regardless of whether it is an enemy or ally) before the skill activates will increase the damage.
Continuous Attacking Fist Fighting Style: A combo-based, single target oriented Cestus.
– Cross Counter: When allies in the same row get hit by a physical attack, counter with a melee bash attack and bind the appropriate part.
– Lead Blow: Do melee bash damage to 1 enemy. If the enemy is afflicted with a bind or status effect, chase the attack with a skill with the same bind/status effect.
Impactful Fist Warrior: A Cestus that revolves around high risk and high reward.
– Return From Hell: Does melee bash damage to 1 enemy. Damaged is increased as the HP of all party members decreases.
– Break Soul: Does melee bash damage to all enemies. Heals the user for a percentage of the damage done.
Archer Accompanied by a Falcon: A Hound that revolves around the use of the falcon.
– Million Shot: At the beginning of the next turn, do 4-16 ranged stab attacks to all enemies (each target can only be hit a maximum of 4 times)
– Ice Beak Attack: Does ranged stab damage to all enemies. Afterwards, the falcon does ranged ice damage to all enemies.
Archer That Guides a Dog: A Hound that revolves around the use of the dog.
– Medical Lick: The dog does 5 random heals among all allies (each ally can only be healed a maximum of twice)
– Leg Armor Pierce: Does ranged stab damage to 1 row with a chance to leg bind. Afterwards, if a target is leg bound, the dog will do a bash attack.
Shrine Maiden Who Hands Down Heaven’s Punishment: A Shaman that specializes in dispelling buffs and debuffs for different effects.
– Oracle: 3 Runs: Dispel “Prayer: Blaze/Hail/Lightning” from all allies, and do 5 random ranged attacks of the same element to all enemies.
– Possessed by God: Dispel the user’s 3 buffs, and do an attack to 1 enemy with your equipped weapon, and decrease the attack power of all 6 types until the end of the turn.
Shrine Maiden Who Announces Heaven’s Favor: A Shaman that revolves around healing and buffing.
– Holy Sanctuary: For this turn, when any ally is hit by a bind or status effect, sacrifice 1 buff to nullify it.
– Prayer: Long Life: For 3 turns, increases the max HP of all allies. Duration increases with skill level.
– Remus is of the Arcadia Council is shown
– He is a member of the royal Earthrun family
You can find the screenshots and artwork related to these updates below:
Finally, Atlus has published a second episode of Etrian Odyssey Web Radio on its YouTube page. You can find the recording below:
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
IGN recently got together with Atlus’s John Hardin to show off some new English gameplay from Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse. You can find the video below:
Level-5 Vision 2016 Preview
Level-5 recently released some information about their annual big press conference, Level-5 Vision. The conference is taking place on July 27th, from 15:30 to 17:00 JST (1:30 to 3:00 EST), is sub-titled “New Heroes”, and will feature updates and reveals for Level-5’s upcoming projects. Included in these upcoming announcements are Yo-Kai Watch, the previously announced Snack World, a new cross-media project, and details on new Inazuma Eleven and Professor Layton projects. 500 fans will also be chosen via lottery to attend the event.
After Level-5 Vision, there will be a Level-5 Fan Night from 19:30 to 21:30 JST (5:30 to 7:30 EST), which will feature fan participation events, discussions about Level-5 titles, a Yo-Kai Watch activity corner, a concert, and some event revolving around the Inazuma Eleven title. 1,800 fans will be chosen via lottery to attend this party.
Level-5 CEO Akihiro Hino later provided a sneak peek of the upcoming Vision event during a live stream on June 24.
In it, he said that a brand new Professor Layton title will be revealed at Level-5 Vision 2016. It’s not Layton 7 but a true, proper entry in the series. It will also feature a new protagonist instead of Layton (and it’s not his son). The Japanese voice cast list will be full of all-stars from various movies.
Moreover, Hino finally confirmed that a new Inazuma Eleven game is in the works. The setting will go back to the era of the first entry, but the protagonist will be a new character. The setting won’t be anything like going to space. Finally, an anime will be made based on the new Inazuma Eleven.
Platforms have not been confirmed for both projects. However, considering the history of the Professor Layton and Inazuma Eleven franchises, it’s highly likely and expected that they’ll end up on Nintendo systems.
Hino eventually touched a bit on The Snack World too, showing new concept art.
Furthermore, Hino briefly discussed Level-5’s new cross-media project while showing concept art of it. He said, “you won’t go to space, this will be a very familiar story. An academy drama… perhaps?” The project is said to be shaping up very nicely and Level-5 has great expectations for it.
Finally, it was announced that another live-stream will be held on Niconico on July 20 to provide even more early information on the projects planned for showing at Level-5 Vision 2016. It’ll take place at the following times:
– 4 AM PT
– 7 AM ET
– 12 PM in the UK
– 1 PM in Europe
You can find all the shown artwork in the gallery below:
Yo-kai Watch 3
Level-5 has released a new batch of videos, trailers and commercials in Japan to promote Yo-kai Watch 3. The two videos cover the game’s battle system and My Nyan system. You can find all of them below:
Nintendo recently held a second Direct dedicated to Culdcept Revolt.
It was shared that various DLC sets will be distributed, including book cover, avatar, and dice for 300 yen a piece. Nintendo is also planning maps, avatars, and book covers as DLC.
A Culdcept Revolt theme is planned for release on July 7 at 200 yen. Additionally, My Nintendo members can pick up the book cover Soltice for use in Culdcept Revolt between July 7 and August 31 for 50 Platinum Coins.
You can find the Direct recording and a couple soundtrack samples below:
— カルドセプト リボルト (@3DS_Culdcept) 21 de junho de 2016
— カルドセプト リボルト (@3DS_Culdcept) 22 de junho de 2016
Zero Time Dilemma
Spike Chunsoft has released a new overview trailer for Zero Time Dilemma in preparation of the game’s upcoming release. Check it out below:
Besides that, Aksys Games has communicated to fans that the pre-order bonus watches were damaged in transit, so won’t be delivered on time. However, players will still receive the game on time, and still receive the watches at a later date. Another unspecified bonus item will be given out to replace the watches and make up for the delayed bonus.
Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns
Marvelous has released a new batch of screenshots for Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns, showcasing the various pets you can have in the game.
Here’s the full list and screenshots:
Bernese Mountain Dog
Harvest Moon: Skytree Village
Natsume has released a facts sheet and the first batch of screenshots and artwork for Harvest Moon: Skytree Village. Check them out below:
Besides that, Polygon recently interviewed Natsume vice president of operations Graham Markay about ~Harvest Moon: Skytree Village, and the franchise as a whole, at E3. He commented on how the series is constantly evolving and changing, and how the divide with Story of Seasons affected the development and reception. You can find the interview over here.
Puzzle & Dragons X
GungHo Online Entertainment has released a new batch of Puzzle & Dragons X screenshots focusing on multiplayer gameplay. You can find them in the gallery below:
In addition to this, FamitsuApp has posted more gameplay footage, which you can find below:
River City: Tokyo Rumble
Natsume vice president of operations Graham Markay has confirmed to Polygon that a limited edition physical release for River City: Tokyo Rumble is coming in addition to the already announced digital release.
Markay told the site:
“[Tokyo Rumble] was going to be digital-only. You don’t have to sell to retail or try to explain or try to get the physical product placed on store shelves [with online exclusive releases]. That gives you the ability to take a few more chances.”
“When we announced [Tokyo Rumble], there was an outcry of, ‘It better be physical.’ So we’re going to do a limited edition physical release.”
Besides that, Natsume has released a batch of screenshots and artwork from the game, and a facts sheet too, which can all be found below:
FuRyu has announced a new Beyblade title for the 3DS. Beyblade Burst will be released in Japan on November 10 for 5,780 yen. The official teaser site can be found over here.
Beyblade Burst is based on the anime and comic of the same name. It likely follows the plot of the show, since you encounter and battle the same characters. There are over 25 characters from the anime, six of which are playable.
Battles probably play out like the other games. You can move your Beyblade around and unleash flashy special attacks. When you’re not battling, Beyblade Burst lets you explore the city and challenge other Bladers.
Ultimately, the goal is to collect parts and become the strongest Blader. You can customize your Beyblade with different parts. Apparently there are 3,000 possible combinations, stretching to 10,000 if you include different colors. You’ll also be able to battle others locally, and a “gatcha” StreetPass mode will be included.
Yu-Gi-Oh! Saikyo Card Battle
Konami has recently published a new trailer for Yu-Gi-Oh! Saikyo Card Battle. You can watch it below:
Battle of Elemental REBOOST
Amzy has released a new video to promote its Japanese 3DS eShop game Battle of Elemental REBOOST. Check it out below:
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
The E3 demo for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night has now been sent to 60$ Kickstarter backers, so some gameplay footage from it is now available online. Here’s a video, in case you want to see what the game looks like so far.
Azure Striker Gunvolt 2
Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack has now been rated in Australia. Interestingly, Shovel Knight creator Yacht Club Games is listed as publisher. This indicates that we might be getting a PAL announcement soon.
Meanwhile, Inti Creates held another live stream for Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 on Niconico during the week. During this broadcast, more info was shared on Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 as well as the Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack, which will include the sequel and the original game.
A limited edition version of Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack will come with a drama CD. Here’s a summary from Skybane about that:
This [drama CD tells] a tale that happens a bit before the story of “Armed Blue Gunvolt”. It’s a prelude to the Japan invasion by the Multi-National Psychics Union “Eden” and its 7th Wave (Sevens) Psychics.
The country’s defenders, “Sumeragi”, fight hard battles against Eden, which seeks the destruction of the national defensive barrier – will Sumeragi be able to halt Eden’s advance? And the 3rd faction “Feather” gets involved as well…
Along with the drama CD, Inti Creates will include a download code for a new 3DS theme. It’s named “Azure Thunderclap Gunvolt Striker Pack” and has a theme based on the package illustration plus the featured song “Concurrent World (Parallel World)” by Morpho. Those who purchase the standard version of Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack will be able to download the theme as well.
You can find a recording of this livestream in the video below:
Mighty No. 9
With the release of Mighty No.9, two new launch trailers have been released, and some gameplay footage in now available (courtesy of NintenDaan). Check them out below:
Disney Magical World 2
Nintendo has announced that Disney Magical World 2 will be coming to Europe and other PAL regions this fall and will be launching on the same day as in North America, that being October 14th.
Here’s the Twitter announcement:
— Nintendo of Europe (@NintendoEurope) 22 de junho de 2016
LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Warner Bros. Interactive has published another two character vignette videos for LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens, this time for Kylo Ren and Rey. You can watch them below:
Minecraft: Wii U Edition
Minecraft: Wii U Edition’s Battle Mini Game is now out. A new update has also been made available. The full patch notes can be found below. Besides that, a patch that fixes issues when attempting to join public matches should be out now too.
Battle Mini Game Update Patch Notes:
- Added the Battle Mini Game.
- Updated the Skin Select menu.
- Added an option for Safe Sprint in the Controls menu. Depending on the controls layout selected, this option moves either the Change Camera Mode or the Sneak/Dismount away from the stick button, since a lot of people are pressing the stick by accident when they start sprinting.
- Enabled Battle Map Pack 1 and Battle Map Pack Season Pass DLC.
- Added Caves and Ravines to Custom Superflat options.
- Added Distribute Items functionality via toggle button (start and confirm distribution). This allows a stack of items to be distributed by dragging the stack across multiple slots in the Inventory.
- Added an AB swap option in the Controls menu for players who prefer the game actions to swapped from the default Nintendo system button actions.
- Fix for an issue causing corrupt save games.
- Fixed a crash when a client player entered a game where the maximum number of Item Frames had opened Maps.
- Fix for Slimes not spawning in Slime Chunks.
- Fixed an issue allowing players to use the Armour Stand when the Trust Players option is disabled.
- Fixed an issue where items could not be moved from the Furnace to the main Inventory using Quick Move.
- Fixed an issue in the Superflat world generation menu with the stem Mushroom Block.
You can find some gameplay footage of the Battle Mini Game below: