This post contains the remaining news of the week, with most being unrelated to E3.
I also updated the following E3 posts for the last time with some interviews and gameplay footage, so check those out again. I highly recommend watching the video interviews in the Zelda post, since Bill and Nate share a few extra details about the game I didn’t see mentioned elsewhere. Here are the ones I updated out of the E3 posts:
Now on to the remaining news of the week. Enjoy!
The results for the 15th Japanese Splatfest are now out. You can find them below.
– Votes – 37% / 63%
– Wins – 52% / 48%
– Final Results – 349 / 351 – Takenoko no Sato (Bamboo Shoot Village) Wins
Moreover, the 15th North American Splatfest has been announced and will be a duel between Early Birds and Night Owls. It’ll begin on June 24 at 9 PM PT / June 25 at 12 AM ET.
Here’s the full lineup of items:
– Slick sunglasses
– Gingham shirt
– Chic baggy pants
– Marbeled- lace socks
– Chunky sneakers
– Gold dollar-sign chain
– Dinosaur egg
– Dino egg hoodie
All of these items can be redeemed in Miitomo Shop in exchange for coins.
Furthermore, more new items have been added to the daily selections in the Miitomo Shop, and Nintendo mentions that different players will see different offerings each day. Rare items have a chance of appearing.
Nintendo has now announced that a second Culdcept Revolt Direct is set to air on June 22 at the following times:
– 4 AM ET
– 7 AM PT
– 12 PM in the UK
– 1 PM in Europe
You can watch the Culdcept Revolt Direct in the stream below:
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice
Capcom has made a couple of announcements in Japan for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice.
The game is receiving new DLC in a collaboration with the Sengoku Basara series. Phoenix can wear clothes based on Date Masamune, Apollo has a Sanada Yukimura outfit, and Athena was given a Tokugawa Ieyasu garb. This DLC is due out on June 23 and costs 143 yen.
A new Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice 3DS theme is also out now, and is priced at 200 yen.
You can find some screenshots and a trailer for this content below:
Famitsu also had a review of the game in its latest issue, and you can now read a translated version of it over here, courtesy of Nintendo Everything.
Monster Hunter Generations
Nintendo UK recently attended a Monster Hunter Generations community event and took the opportunity to record some opinions and advice from various Monster Hunter players. You can find the video below:
Dragon Ball: Fusions
A new trio of fusions has been revealed for the upcoming 3DS game Dragon Ball: Fusions. This month’s issue of V Jump shows off Beeruisu (Beerus x Whis), Cellzer (Cell x Freezer) and Ginyuman (Ginyu x Great Saiyaman). These appear to be Ex-Fusions at first glance. You can take a look at them in the scans below:
Level-5 has published another video about Yo-kai Watch 3’s battle system, in addition to two new commercials for the game.
You can find all of them below:
Zero Time Dilemma
Spike Chunsoft has released a new video showing off the 3DS version of Zero Time Dilemma. Check it out below:
Nintendo also put up a page for the game, revealing that Zero Time Dilemma has no 3D support. The game’s file size takes up 9,558 blocks, which amounts to 1194.75MB. Japanese players can also now pre-load Zero Time Dilemma.
Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns
This week’s issue of Famitsu once again reveals new details about Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns, in addition to a recap of some previously known details.
Here’s a summary of what is shared by the magazine:
In this issue we learn that players of both genders can marry Inari because its gender will change depending on the gender chosen for player. Picking the male player character will result in a female Inari, and vice versa. The male Inari also has sharper-looking eyes, distinguishing it from the female Inari.
Besides that, Famitsy shares the following information about other characters in the game:
Wes Town inhabitants
– Hector, who works in his family farm with his mother Megan
– Corrin, Hector’s son who is shy but likes drawing things and loves insects
– Harba, an old man who comes from another country and enjoys fishing and talking
– Tigre, Harba’s grandson who looks up to Ludeus
– Umekichi, Yuzuki’s grandpa who runs a farm in Tsuyukusa
– Omiyo, Yuzuki’s grandma who still lives romantically with Umekichi
– Moriya, a strict owner of Tsuyukusa’s Wholesale shop
– Sumomo, a little girl who works in the wholesale shop
Finally, for the contest events, a new pink-haired MC is revealed, but it seems like all guest judges from the previous game also make a return. The lineup includes Woofio, Del Cossa, Matsuba and Saffron.
Marvelous also released a new batch of screenshots from Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns, which you can find in the gallery below:
Puzzle & Dragons X
CoroCoro channels has posted another session of Puzzle & Dragons X gameplay footage. Check it out below:
Battle of Elemental REBOOST
AMZY has released a new tutorial video for Battle of Elemental REBOOST. You can watch it below:
Kouenji Joshi Soccer 3
Starfish has released two new videos dedicated to Kouenji Joshi Soccer 3. The first one is a story video, while the other is a gameplay video. Denjin Getcha also published a video on their channel showing off some gameplay.
You can find all the videos below:
Azure Striker Gunvolt 2
Inti Creates has shared new details and screenshots for Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 during this week.
The updates covers group G7 and a ton of specifics about two of their members.
Here’s a roundup of the details:
The Grimoired Seven (a.k.a. G7) is a group of seven people with abilities who have extraordinary 7th Waves even among Eden, and that possess Fairy Tales. Eden doesn’t have a clear hierarchical positioning, but commands are often given to the G7, and they are yearned by other members of Eden.
Eden is a multinational union of ability people who have the 7th Wave. Their numbers are fewer than ordinary people, but they have enormous power. Most of the members used to be oppressed by ordinary people. They aim for the establishment of an ideal state for only ability people, advocating that “The ability people is the new mankind to build a new era, and the old mankind which don’t have 7th Wave must be exterminated”.
Fairy Tale is a material in the form of a book that’s used by G7 to transform. Based on the data of a treasured sword usurped from the Sumeragi by the Secret Society, Eden completed it by inserting the power from Cyber Diva. Unlike the Treasured Sword, which had a device to limit ability factors, Fairy Tale is made only to purely strengthen ability people, so the G7 can use their abilities without even having to transform. When they do transform, their powers exceed even those of Sumeragi-level ability people.
Two of the G7 are introduced here along with their missions:
Theseo, the Cyberbrain King on the Boundary Line (VA: Tomonori Ishihara):
He has the ability World Hack which can convert physical things to digital data, and vice versa. He used to share content on a foreign video posting website, however it ended up closing, and that’s when he became charmed by Eden’s transmission equipment and joined the union.
He uses a lot of net slang, and when he speaks he often makes people irritated. However, he doesn’t have any evil intentions.
– EM Transfer: Theseo’s 7th Wave actualizes various enemies and bombs. The dangerous one is Curse Script which will drain GV’s health over time.
– Bug Death Laser: Shoots a torrent of enormous data like a laser. The important point here is to see through platforms made by Theseo.
– Code Matrix: Shoots missiles that produce spinning wheel bits.
– Grid Raid: A special warp attack that switches positions of the player and Theseo.
– Circuit Rain: A downpour of aggressive data from the spinning wheel bits.
– Impregnable Fortress: Waves of attacks where Theseo duplicates all attack patterns that he has, from lasers to bombs. Will there be a way out of this move which lives up to its name?
Theseo’s stage: Cyber
The data facility managed by Sumeragi turned into a cyberspace due to Eden’s assault. We can’t allow more of Sumeragi’s data to be handed over to Eden. GV enters the cyber labyrinth together with Joule. The objective facility is Data Facility.
Gauli, the Contemporary Dancer with Crystal Shoes (VA: Chiharu Sawashiro):
He has the ability Prism which lets him produce crystals at will. He was a former street dancer who becomes a mood maker in Eden. His speeches have a groovy feel, and always follow a rhythm. When the road is coated with crystal, he can slide like skating. He currently researches day and night on whether he can incorporate his original dance to his own 7th Wave.
– Tornado Bomb: A spin jump which launches multiple crystal spheres. The spheres can be destroyed by the player’s attacks.
– Prism Shoot: Gauli kicks a small-sized prism. The prism will follow the player and obstruct the player’s attacks by refracting their laser.
– Prism Strike: Gauli produces a large-sized prism and kicks it which goes straight.
– Prism Break: Gauli produces an extra large-sized prism and kicks it to make it shatter. It will be very difficult to avoid the prism fragments.
– Prism Prisma Prison: Gauli’s special skill. He brings down prism pillars to lock up the player. The pillars refract surrounding lights, pouring in lasers with trajectories that are hard to predict.
Gauli’s stage: Prism
A swarm of crystals suddenly appeared on a highway at midnight, splitting it into pieces. It was all done by Gauli, who has the 7th Wave ability Prism. He’s skating all around the ruined highway. This stage is a chase scene for Copen where he stands on the sidecar of the bike driven by Nori.
Also introduced is a mysterious girl who induces the story. She will be voiced by Kaori Nazuka.
This mysterious girl appears in front of both Gunvolt and Copen. She looks like a child, but she speaks with a very orderly tone that doesn’t suit her age’s looks. She seems to have a 7th Wave ability, but that is unknown. Her objectives are also unclear.
Finally, there will be a second Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 live stream on June 24. You can watch it here at the following times:
– 5 AM PT
– 8 PM ET
– 1 PM in the UK
– 2 PM in Europe
You can also find the new screenshots below:
Mighty No. 9
Mighty No. 9 is getting a soundtrack in Japan on July 5 for 4,000 yen. 69 tracks will be included, spread across 2 CDs. Also included is 28 page booklet.
Here’s a list of the full soundtrack:
2. Collapsing Peace
3. It All Begins Now
4. Allies Obstruct
5. Standing Tall
6. Mission Results
7. Great Job, Beck!
8. Choose Your Future
9. Raging Flames Smolder
10. Beyond the Watery Vortex
11. Voltaic Dynatron
12. Rush Into the Mine
13. Crimson Stronghold
14. Avi’s News Report
15. Desolate Highway
16. Trapped by Laser Light
17. Hazy Suspition
18. Sneak into the Prison
19. The Machine Draws Near
20. Entrust the Future
21. Swallowed Up Innocence
24. The Flower Awakens From a Dream
25. Mighty No.9 Main Theme
27. Confined Nightmare
28. Breaking Down and Longing
29. Love Hidden Under the Mask
30. Feeling Alive
31. Plundering Claw
33. Sorrowful Conclusion
34. Extra Mode
1. Hope – Retro Style –
2. Collapsing Peace – Retro Style –
3. It All Begins Now – Retro Style –
4. Obstruct – Retro Style –
5. Standing Tall – Retro Style –
6. Mission Results – Retro Style –
7. Great Job, Beck! – Retro Style –
8. Choose Your Future – Retro Style –
9. Raging Flames Smolder – Retro Style –
10. Beyond the Watery Vortex – Retro Style –
11. Voltaic Dynatron – Retro Style –
12. Rush Into the Mine – Retro Style –
13. Crimson Stronghold – Retro Style –
14. Avi’s News Report – Retro Style –
15. Desolate Highway – Retro Style –
16. Trapped by Laser Light – Retro Style –
17. Hazy Suspition – Retro Style –
18. Sneak into the Prison – Retro Style –
19. The Machine Draws Near – Retro Style –
20. Entrust the Future – Retro Style –
21. Swallowed Up Innocence – Retro Style –
22. Transformation – Retro Style –
23. Trinity – Retro Style –
24. The Flower Awakens From a Dream – Retro Style –
25. Mighty No.9 Main Theme – Retro Style –
26. Confined Nightmare – Retro Style –
27. Breaking Down and Longing – Retro Style –
28. Love Hidden Under the Mask – Retro Style –
29. Feeling Alive – Retro Style –
30. Plundering Claw – Retro Style –
31. Obliteration – Retro Style –
32. Sorrowful Conclusion – Retro Style –
33. Extra Mode – Retro Style –
34. Challenge – Retro Style –
35. Mighty No.9 Theme – Ambient Ver. –
36. Mighty No.9 Theme – Piano Ver. –
The first episode of the Mighty No. 9 documentary is also out now, so you can watch it below followed by some more gameplay footage.
Yu-Gi-Oh! Saikyou Card Battle
Yu-Gi-Oh! Saikyou Card Battle is now planned for a July 6 launch according to a magazine scan, and it’ll come out as a free-to-play game (with in-app purchases of course).
Konami has also updated the Japanese Yu-Gi-Oh! Saikyou Card Battle website, reconfirming details we covered before.
Yu-Gi-Oh! Saikyou Card Battle is about taking part in a new tournament held after Battle City known as the “Legend Challenge”. Speed Duels and cards from the latest Starter Deck will be included.
Check out the gallery below for a look at several characters:
Warner Bros. Interactive has released a new batch of screenshots showing off the new content on the way to LEGO Dimensions, including Mission Impossible and more. You can find them in the gallery below, followed by a new video by IGN showcasing the same content.
Virtual Console Trailers
Below you can find trailers for the Virtual Console versions of Medarot Navi: Kabuto and Medarot Navi: Kuwagata, two Medabots games for the GBA.
Upcoming Nindies Games
Nintendo recently shared on Twitter the lineup of Nindies titles coming for the rest of the year for both Wii U and 3DS. Check it out below:
Nintendo has listed The Battle Cats POP! for a June 27 release in North America.
Here’s an overview and trailer for the game:
Rampage across the globe with weird ‘n wild Cats in an exciting but straight-forward tower defense adventure!
Collect 100s of fightin’ Cats to power up your army, take down bizarre and hilarious enemies and win glorious treasure!
☆ Super Simple Battle System
- Just tap on the Cat you want to join the fight! Oh, and maybe fire the Cat Cannon once or twice. Take down the enemy base before the baddies can destroy yours!
☆Super Simple Levelling System
- Use the XP you get from clearing stages to train your Cats! Once they hit level 10, it’s time to EVOLVE!
☆Super Simple Fun!
- Collect treasure sets to create powerful items and boost your powers!
- Go to the Capsule Machine to collect rare and exotic Cats(?)!!
- Battle your friends with the 3DS-exclusive Versus mode to unlock even more cool rewards!
Perfect for Casual Play! Fun for all ages, anyone (and their cat too!) can enjoy the “Battle Cats”!
Milkstone Studios is bringing Ziggurat to the Wii U eShop. It should be releasing in Europe on June 30 for €15.00.
Ziggurat is a game that features dungeon-crawling and first-person shooting, that originally came out in 2014.
Here’s a trailer to give you an idea of what to expect:
Another game coming to the European eShop on June 30 is Petite Games’ Midnight 2.
The game is already out in North America.
Here’s the news, with a trailer, from the developer:
— Petite Games (@PetiteGames) 17 de junho de 2016
Tap Tap Arcade 2
RCMADIAX has announced that its next digital collection of games, Tap Tap Arcade 2, will be released on July 7 on all major regions: North America, Europe, and Australia.
Included in the package will be the exclusive game Volcano.
Here’s the news from the developer:
— RCMADIAX (@rcmadiax) 13 de junho de 2016
Gurumin 3D: A Monstrous Adventure
Mastiff and Falcom have announced a new title currently in the works for 3DS, Gurumin 3D: A Monstrous Adventure. It’ll be released on the eShop next month.
Gurumin originally came out on PC in 2004 as a Japanese title (before coming to Steam last year), and later ended up on the PSP. This marks the third platform release for the title.
Here’s an overview and trailer for the game:
The fantastic Action-RPG from leading Japanese developer Falcom (Developers of “Ys” and “Zwei” among other classics) featuring real-time combat, stunning 3D graphics, tons of fully voiced characters and mini-games , 90+ items, multiple endings, a rocking soundtrack, 35+ hours of playtime, and more.
ConcernedApe has revealed that Stardew Valley is making its way to consoles, including Wii U, and we’ll be seeing it on the eShop in Q4 2016. Chucklefish and Sickhead Games are assisting with the port.
In its announcement post, ConcernedApe mentioned “the possibility of utilizing special console features like the Wii U’s second screen”.
For those of you who haven’t heard of Stardew Valley before, here’s a trailer to give you a good idea what it’s all about:
Indie developer Cragworks is currently creating BLOC, a new game for the Wii U eShop, which heavily uses the GamePad.
In it, you control different BLOCs while bouncing a ball around. Up to four players can participate in a single game.
You can find a trailer for it below:
Gory Detail recently published a new devlog for Rusty Pup, which shows quite a bit of footage from the game with commentary straight from the creators.
This is actually our first real look at Rusty Pup in about a year, since the first devlog was published at around the same time in 2015.
Here’s the devlog mentioned above:
Gunslugs is now out on the 3DS eShop. Here’s the trailer that was released during the week, before the game hit the eShop:
XSEED recently released an E3 trailer for Exile’s End. Check it out below:
Dying is Dangerous
Carbon Fire Studio has released a new E3 trailer for its upcoming Wii U eShop game Dying is Dangerous. You can find it below:
Nami Tentou has recently released a new trailer for Toxijuice’s PSIBO which is “coming soon” to the Wii U eShop in North America and Europe. You can watch the trailer below:
Go-op Gaming has recently shared some gameplay footage of Hive Jump. You can check out both videos below: